Orellano scored one goal and set up another to lead the fightback. Real Sociedad visited Espa | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Deleted user Jul 5 '16, 02:06AM
OAKVILLE, Ont. http:///...candreva-italia.html . - Its a new game with a new team in a new city, but its just football for linebacker Aaron Maybin. The former NFL first-round draft pick participated in his first workout with the Toronto Argonauts on Monday, a day after joining the CFL clubs practice roster. Maybin admits hes got much to learn about the Canadian game but isnt the least bit worried or intimidated about lining up a yard off the ball, playing three downs or having more ground on a longer, wider field. "The way I see it Im a football player, I adjust to whatever style I need to adjust to," he said. "It (Canadian field) is bigger than Im used to but theres nothing intimidating about it, nothing too different. "Football is football. Youve just got to adjust and understand its a part of the game. That (a yard off ball) is a difference but as I said athletes adjust so it shouldnt be a problem." While Maybin is short on CFL experience hes not lacking in confidence. "Talent," he said when asked whats the top attribute he brings to Toronto. "Im not really a guy that harps on his own abilities too much. "I feel like there are things I can bring to this team and obviously the coaches feel that way too. Im just coming in, working hard, trying to do my best to help the guys on this team that have been working all year to get to the places they want to be really bad and thats a championship." The 25-year-old Maybin wore No. 56 on Monday — former Giants star Lawrence Taylor was a favourite player when Maybin was growing up — and hell be given every opportunity to learn quickly. The defending Grey Cup-champion Argos (11-6) have clinched first place in the East Division and home-field advantage for the conference final Nov. 17. So Toronto could give Maybin an extensive audition Friday when it hosts Montreal in the regular-season finale for both teams. The Alouettes (7-10) will finish third in the division and face the Hamilton Tiger-Cats (9-8) in the conference semifinal Nov. 10 in Guelph, Ont. Maybin is back playing football after being released by the Cincinnati Bengals in August. That certainly raises questions about his overall fitness and how quickly he can round into game shape, but Maybin downplayed those suggestions. "Its a consideration, not really a concern," he said. "Just making sure I dont try to do too much too quick and end up injuring myself trying to get to where I want to be and understand Im not there yet and I still have some work to do." Buffalo had high expectations for Maybin when it took him 11th overall in the 2009 NFL draft after he led the Big 10 with 12 sacks in 10 starts at Penn State. The Bills signed Maybin to a five-year deal that reportedly included a US$7.087 signing bonus and $15 million in guaranteed money. The six-foot-four Maybin entered the NFL listed at 250 pounds but reported to the Bills in 11 weighing just 228 pounds. Maybins lack of size certainly didnt help as he failed to record a sack or crack Buffalos starting lineup over two seasons (27 career games) before being released. Maybin joined the New York Jets in August 2011 but was let go in November 2012. He signed with Cincinnati on Jan. 25 before being released Aug. 18 having recorded 36 tackles, six sacks and five forced fumbles over his NFL career. The Argos will give Maybin every opportunity to rush the quarterback coming off the edge, and with good reason. Torontos defence has just 38 sacks this season, second-lowest in the CFL. Maybin still looked very long and lean Monday as he practised with the Argos at an Oakville high school. But he did show he has the speed and quick feet needed to play defence in the Canadian game. "He can rush the passer, thats his history," Argos head coach Scott Milanovich said. "Tall, kind of lanky, great first step, good with his hands. "This was our first day and I didnt get a chance to just concentrate on him but he looked like he was doing a nice job down there in one-on-ones. Were just seeing what he can bring to us as far as getting after the quarterback." Maybins arrival in Toronto will prompt suggestions hes using the Argos as a springboard back to the NFL. However, Maybin downplayed that suggestion. "Im just focused on this opportunity and this chance," he said. "Im not really focused on anything to do with the NFL." NOTES — Milanovich re-iterated Monday starter Ricky Ray wont dress Friday night. Backup Zach Collaros will start against Montreal with Trevor Harris and Mitchell Gale also playing. Milanovich said rookie kicker-punter Quinn Sharp, who practised for the first time Monday, could play against the Alouettes. "We feel like the most beneficial thing for our team is to have Ricky Ray lining up under centre Nov. 17," Milanovich said. "I think its our responsibility to make sure that happens." Maglietta Claudio Marchisio . Carey Price didnt, but he still came out on top against one of his rivals for the No. 1 job at the Sochi Games. The Anahim Lake, B.C., native was stellar in making 39 saves in his home province and Lars Eller got credit for a bizarre short-handed winner as the Canadiens defeated the Canucks 4-1. http:///...-bonucci-italia.html . Lack made 20 saves for his third shutout of the season as the Canucks blanked the St. Louis Blues 1-0 in the first post-Olympic game for both teams night. http://www.italiacalciomaglia.it/maglie-daniele-padelli-italia.html .com) - Christian Ponder will get another chance to prove himself for the Minnesota Vikings, with head coach Leslie Frazier announcing Wednesday that the struggling quarterback will start this weekends game against the Green Bay Packers.BARCELONA, Spain -- Gareth Bale scored three goals and set up a fourth to make sure Real Madrid didnt miss injured star Cristiano Ronaldo as it cruised to a 4-0 win over Valladolid in the Spanish league on Saturday. With Ronaldo out nursing a hurt hamstring for a second straight game, Bale took up the scoring duties in the 32nd minute then found Karim Benzema to make it 2-0 four minutes later. Bale got his second in the 64th and third in the 89th against Valladolids bewildered defence to give him five goals since Ronaldo was sidelined. Madrids fifth league win in a row following its loss at Barcelona lifted it three points from the defending champions and Atletico Madrid, which won 2-0 at Elche on goals by Diego Costa and Jorge "Koke" Resurreccion. Barcelona can reclaim sole possession of the league lead from Atletico at Athletic Bilbao on Sunday. Bale, who joined Madrid on a world record 100 million euros transfer from Tottenham this summer, showed with his first hat trick for Madrid that he has certainly shaken off his injury problems from earlier this season. "His adjustment period is over," Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti said about Bale. "He has confidence, he is important to the team, and he played very well." Bale has seven goals in league play, leaving him third for Madrid behind Benzemas eight and Ronaldos 17, which lead the league. Bale also has scored twice in the Champions League. Marcelo, however, made it clear who Madrids No. 1 is. "Gareth is a great player but you cant compare him with Cristiano because Cristiano is above all the rest," Marcelo said. Also, Celta Vigo came back to beat Almeria 3-1 for its first home victory at Balaidos Stadium in eight attempts this season under first-year manager Luis Enrique. With Ronaldo unavailable, Angel Di Maria started and wasted little time in controlling a clearance outside the area before rattling the bar with a left-footed shot on either side of two Sergio Ramos headers that sailed high. The overmatched Vallladolid rarely managed to shift the action out of its area, and Bale found himself in perfect position to nod in a rebound of Di Marias curling effort that goalie Diego Marino parried directly to the Wales winger. http://www.italiacalciomaglia.it/maglie-mattia-perin-italia.html. Bale then picked out Benzema with a pinpoint cross to thump the ball beyond Marino and put the result beyond doubt before halftime. Bale was again aided by a poor clearance for Madrids third. This time it was defender Jesus Rueda, who knocked Marcelos cross back for Bale to fire home. But Bale wasnt finished and he started and finished off a late counterattack by charging forward to tap in Marcelos low cross. With Elche hanging tough, Atletico coach Diego Simeone sent on Raul Garcia and Adrian Lopez and the changes paid off to earn Atleticos 17th win in all competitions to go with four draws and just one loss. Atletico broke through seconds after Garcia replaced David Villa. Koke pounced on a rebound from Garcias shot that Manuel Herrera saved but failed to clear, leaving the Elche goalkeeper strewn on the turf with defender Alberto Botia and Diego Costa after they collided. Diego Costa secured the three points in the 74th by scoring from Lopezs perfectly placed chipped pass. It was Diego Costas 15th league goal this season, the second highest tally in the competition after Ronaldo. "The entrance of Raul Garcia and Adrian (Lopez) gave us two bursts of creativity when the game had gotten bogged down," Simeone said. "We have to keep going forward this way and remain realistic. I know its a good moment for Atleticos fans, but we are focusing on one game at a time." Celtas much-needed win lifted it three points from the relegation zone, while Almeria stayed among the bottom three. After Jesus "Suso" Fernandez opened for Almeria, Fabian Orellano scored one goal and set up another to lead the fightback. Real Sociedad visited Espanyol later. New world chess champion Magnus Carlsen took the honorary kickoff at Madrids Santiago Bernabeu Stadium. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '