h an earlier thunderstorm, t | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Deleted user Jul 3 '16, 03:57AM
Most days, youd win money shooting thee-under par on nine holes of alternate shot. http:///...ia-maglia-blank.html . Thats what the Double Ds - Graham DeLaet and Jason Day - did in foursomes play at the Presidents Cup on Friday. But instead of pocketing any winnings, they were staring at a scoreboard that showed them three down to Phil Mickelson and Keegan Bradley. All the Americans did was fire a 30 that included a stretch where they went five under over a four-hole stretch from the fifth to the eighth. "We were three under through nine and we were three down," said DeLaet, shaking his head in disbelief. "Theres not much more that you can do. Its unfortunate but we still have two more days." The Canadian-Australian partnership once again jumped out to a quick lead when Day rolled in a birdie on the first hole. The teams split the next hole with birdies and only a silky sand shot that led to a par saved the U.S. team from going down two. On the par-3 fourth, the Internationals seemed ready to grab another point but after a sloppy bunker shot from Mickelson, Bradley made a clutch putt for par for a half. "I did not hit a very good bunker shot," admitted Mickelson. "I hit it eight feet by the hole and to see Keegan make that putt, that was a big momentum boost for us. "We would have been 2-down if it doesnt go in and I thought instead that that momentum boost really propelled us to the next stretch that we started on five." The Americans caught fire after that and for DeLaet and Day, it was a case of just trying not to get steam-rolled. "Its difficult," said DeLaet of trying to keep up with Mickelson and Bradley, "We just tried to keep giving ourselves chances but unfortunately we just werent hitting the shots. They played great. They played better than us today and deserved to win." The Bradley-Mickelson partnership has been a good one; the duo teamed up at last years Ryder Cup to win three matches although they lost their opener on here on Thursday. "I think that when Phil and I get rolling in this alternate shot, we complement each other so well," said Bradley. "I think we really enjoy kind of showing off in front of each other." The International duo fell six down after the 12th, but managed to hang on for a few more holes before being closed out 4&3. "I think we had a good game plan," said DeLaet of the alternate shot format he and Day formulated. "We clicked well together, the two of us, but unfortunately we just didnt play our best." Of the two, however, it was Day who struggled. After hitting every fairway in the first round, he missed three of the eight on Friday and struggled to match DeLaet for shot value. Once again, rain halted play for more than two and a half hours, leaving a soggy and saturated Muirfield Village Golf Course. Players utilized lift, clean and place for the post-rain portion of play. The course wasnt the only thing soggy after the rain. Some of the fans that remained obviously passed their time in the beer tent and there were a few incidents of unruly behaviour. Angel Cabrera was forced to back off a putt three times when fans yelled as he was about to putt. The Argentine rolled the ball into the cup and then fist-pumped in the general direction of the noise. Only two of the six matches finished before play was called due to darkness. Ernie Els and Brendan De Jonge took a 4&3 decision over Bill Haas and Hunter Mahan to equal the days tally and each side led in two of the remaining four matches. The most pivotal of the matches appears to be the one between Angel Cabrera and Marc Leishman, who hold a slim 1 up lead over Webb Simpson and Brandt Snedeker. Play will resume at 7:35 Saturday followed by five four-ball matches and then another five foursome matches in the afternoon. Maglie Italia Europei 2016 . Hazard cut in from the left and scored with a swerving right-footed shot for ninth goal of the season, which proved to be enough for the victory despite Chelseas forwards again lacking a cutting edge up front. http:///...ia-marco-parolo.html .Y. - New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city. http://www.magliettaitaliacalcio.it/ . Batiste, who briefly signed with the Eskimos in 2006, has spent time with several NFL teams including the Pittsburgh Steelers and Washington Redskins.SUN CITY, South Africa -- Luke Donalds fast start in the Nedbank Golf Challenge was halted by lightning Thursday, leaving the former top-ranked Englishman ahead by two shots at 5 under through 11 holes. No one was able to play more than 12 holes because of lightning and a thunderstorm. Donald began the 30-man invitational with a birdie and an eagle and was 5 under when the days second interruption for lightning forced players off for good. He was two ahead of Jamie Donaldson and Thomas Bjorn. "I feel good over the ball right now and I am playing with confidence," Donald said, coming off a win in Japan two weeks ago. Wales Donaldson played 12 holes, while Denmarks Bjorn was 3 under with three birdies in his six holes. Brendon de Jonge was due to join those two on 3 under and two off the lead after spinning a wedge back into the hole from 110 yards for an eagle three on No. 9 right as the weather hooter sounded. His score wasnt yet officially registered as his playing partners hadnt completed the hole. Playing for the first time since ending last season with the FedEx Cup and European money list title, Henrik Stenson was 1 under after seven and tied for fifth, with six straight pars after a birdie on No 1. Boosted by his victory at the Dunlop Phoenix, Donalds quick start at Sun City came off sweetly struck iron shots into the greens at his opening two holes. http:///...ntonio-candreva.html. He also picked up back-to-back birdies at the end of his opening nine. "Lovely start," he said. "It doesnt get much better than three-three around here. Birdie, eagle and all of a sudden you are three under par through two holes. I played solid for those first 11 holes and hit a couple of very nice shots in that time that I was able to take advantage of." Defending champion Martin Kaymer is in the mix at 2 under, while Charl Schwartzel led the South African challenge as one of seven players tied at 1 under par. Sergio Garica is also part of that group, as is Peter Uihlein of the United States. Ernie Els was 3 over after seven in search of his fourth title at Sun City and U.S. Open champion Justin Rose was 4 over after eight. Only Australias Peter Senior, with three double bogeys in his first six holes to crash to 8 over through 10, was worse than Rose. Having initially been kept off the course for nearly three hours through an earlier thunderstorm, the players came off for the second time in late afternoon and will all have to come back at 7:30 Friday morning to complete their opening rounds. Cheap JerseysWholesale Jerseys Wholesale JerseysCheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys' ' '