k through Leonardo Bittencourt in stoppage time. Hannover finished the first ha | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Deleted user Jul 6 '16, 04:34AM
MILWAUKEE -- Matt Carpenter knew he had done something special. http://www.officialcanuckshockeyshop.com/Brandon-Prust-Jersey/ . The St. Louis Cardinals are confident there is more to come, too. Carpenter broke Stan Musials team record for doubles by a left-handed batter in a season as the Cardinals beat the Milwaukee Brewers 7-2 Saturday night to maintain a two-game lead in the NL Central. Carpenters fifth-inning double was his 54th one more than Musials total in 1953. Carpenter went into the game aware he was tied with Stan the Man. "To know that you have done something, took a record from (Musial) or broke a record that he held, you cant put it into words," Carpenter said. "It is pretty amazing. It is something I am extremely proud of and definitely a cool thing." Carpenter grounded out to start of the game and flied out in the second. But with two outs in the fifth, he hit a shot into the right-field corner to set the mark. "Someone had mentioned to me that I tied him last night, so when I hit it today, I knew," Carpenter said. "I got the ball and I got the base, so pretty cool." Despite his personal success, Carpenter and the Cardinals know they have more to do. "The only thing on my mind is the division championship," he said. "If I can do my job to help us win, then all those individual things will take care of themselves. The Cardinals lead Pittsburgh by two games and are ahead of Cincinnati by three games. St. Louis won for the 12th time in 17 games and improved to 14-4 against the Brewers this year, including 8-1 in Milwaukee. "We dont shy away from the fact that anything you get to play after game 162 is special," Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. Lance Lynn (14-10) allowed one run, four hits and four walks in 6 1-3 innings. He had been 0-5 with a 5.44 ERA in eight starts since winning at Cincinnati on Aug. 4. "It is the same motto weve had all year, one game at a time," Lynn said. "That is all you can worry about." Lynn has made a career-high 32 starts this year, including four against the Brewers. He had a rough first inning, but after that nothing bothered him. "He was struggling a little bit," Matheny said. "Once he found that groove, and you could tell found that four-seamer, it was a completely different game." Yovani Gallardo (11-10) gave up two runs and four hits in seven innings and dropped to 1-11 with a 6.46 ERA in 17 career starts against St. Louis. Matt Adams hit a two-run homer for the second straight night, putting the Cardinals ahead in the first. Davis hit an RBI grounder in the bottom half, but the Cardinals blew open the game in a five-run eighth. "He hits mistakes," Gallardo said. "Hes one of those guys that got a lot of power. It doesnt take much for him to hit the ball hard somewhere." NOTES: Brewers players drove through the parking lots and tossed bobbleheads and T-shirts to surprised tailgaters after batting practice, part of an effort to thank fans at the end of a disappointing season. ... Cardinals GM John Mozeliak said that INF-OF Allen Craigs left foot will be re-evaluated at the end of next week. Hes missed 16 games since spraining his left foot Sept. 4 at Cincinnati. Alexander Mogilny Canucks Jersey . Calgary scored on the first shift, and Michael Cammalleri scored twice as the Flames cruised to a 5-2 win over the Washington Capitals on Saturday. http://www.officialcanuckshockeyshop.com/Ryan-Miller-Jersey/ . The 18th player to shoot 60 on the tour, Jamieson settled for par on the final hole when his 15-foot birdie chip grazed the edge of the hole and stayed out. After opening with rounds of 66 and 73 to make the cut by a stroke, he had 11 birdies in the bogey-free round. http://www.officialcanuckshockeyshop.com/Brandon-Sutter-Jersey/ . Vettel was 0.168 seconds faster than Red Bull teammate Mark Webber around the Suzuka circuit. Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg was two tenths of a second off Vettel. "The car balance is decent, but I think we can still improve," Vettel said. FRANKFURT, Germany -- Bayer Leverkusen and Borussia Dortmund both lost in the Bundesliga on Saturday, leaving Bayern Munich the biggest beneficiary even though the defending champion wasnt even in the country. With Bayern playing the Club World Cup final in Morocco, Leverkusen and Dortmund could have gained some ground on the undefeated leader. But Leverkusen went down 1-0 at Werder Bremen and Dortmund lost 2-1 at home to Hertha Berlin, leaving Bayern seven points ahead of Leverkusen and 12 ahead of Dortmund, with one match in hand. Leverkusen lost its second straight and Dortmund its third consecutive at home as the two Champions League last-16 teams continued a slump. Dortmund, which has won only one of its last six matches and lost four of them, could drop from third place if Borussia Moenchengladbach beats Wolfsburg on Sunday. Elsewhere on the final day before the winter break, Shinji Okazaki scored twice for Mainz to win 3-2 in Hamburg, Eintracht Braunschweig edged Hoffenheim 1-0 and Freiburg beat Hannover 2-1. The defeat could cost Hannover coach Mirko Slomka his job. Hamburg and Braunschweig both finished their matches with 10 men. In the late match, Nuremberg drew 0-0 with Schalke to remain winless in the first half of the season. Werder snapped a five-match winless run when Santiago Garcia scored in the 74th minute. Aaron Hunts counter attack produced a chance for Cedric Maakiadi, who stumbled in the penalty area but Garcia was there to drill the ball home. Bo Horvat Jersey. Dortmund got off to a fine start when Marco Reus used a long ball and an error by Hertha backup goalkeeper Marius Gersbeck to score from a sharp angle. But Adrian Ramos latched onto a low cross from Sami Allagui to score in the 23rd and Allagui secured the win just before half time after teenage defender Marian Sarr stumbled and lost the ball in front of the box. Allagui rounded goalkeeper Roman Weidenfeller and knocked the ball into the empty net. Hamburg fell to its fifth defeat at home despite taking the lead through Hakan Calhanoglu. But Mainz got the upper hand after the break, with Okazaki finishing a counter attack to level the score and then setting up Nicolai Mueller for the lead. Captain Rafael van der Vaart scored from a melee before Okazaki controlled a long ball with his head and slotted it home for the winner in injury time. Hamburgs Tomas Rincon was sent off in the 82nd with his second yellow card. Braunschweig notched its third win of the season when Torsten Oehrl converted a first-half penalty and held on despite the sending off of Timo Perthel. Freiburg got a brace from Admir Mehmedi to beat Hannover, which pulled one back through Leonardo Bittencourt in stoppage time. Hannover finished the first half of the season without a single point away from home. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '