first. ... Pittsburghs Olli Maatta left first. ... Pittsburghs Olli Maatta left the | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Deleted user Jul 5 '16, 02:07AM
(SportsNetwork. Nike Air Max Flyknit Womens .com) - The surprising Calgary Flames host the winless New Jersey Devils at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Friday. The Flames are off to a 2-0-2 start to a season that was supposed to be all about rebuilding. If one judges the youth movement by the play of 18-year-old Sean Monahan early this season, it would seem the rebuilding project is going extremely well. Monahan, the sixth overall pick at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, tallied a goal and an assist to lift the Flames to a 3-2 win over visiting Montreal on Wednesday and has already recorded five points (3G, 2A) in his first four games as an NHLer. The rookie opened up the scoring for the Flames on Wednesday a little less than 10 minutes into the game. Travis Moen coughed up the puck in the neutral zone to Monahan, who advanced into Montreals zone and dished a backhand pass over to Lee Stempniak. Stempniak fired a shot off goaltender Carey Price and Monahan was there to tap the rebound into the back of the net. "(Monahan) is having fun, he is bringing passion, he is bringing excitement and hes learning. He is a pretty special kid," Flames head coach Bob Hartley said of the 18-year-old rookie. Joey MacDonald stopped 33-of-35 Montreal shots to ensure the victory for the Flames. Calgary is capping a three-game homestand on Friday and will begin a five-game road trip when it plays Wednesday evening in Anaheim. Although the Devils are winless through four games, the club has earned three points thanks to their last three setbacks coming after regulation. Still, the 0-1-3 start is the worst for New Jersey since it went 0-3-1 to begin the 2001-02 campaign. Another loss on Friday would give the Devils its longest stretch without a win to begin a season since the Colorado Rockies where 0-4 with a tie through five games in 1981-82. The Devils are in the midst of a five-game road trip and will try to get on the board with a win in the third test of that swing in Calgary. Unfortunately for New Jersey it has lost two straight and three of its past four trips to the Saddledome and the Flames are 5-2-2 in the last nine meetings between the clubs overall. Jersey was last in action on Tuesday, when it lost a 3-2 overtime decision to the Vancouver Canucks, who received a game-winner from Mike Santorelli at 2:18 of the extra session. In the extra session, Jason Garrison let fly with a shot from the point that zipped past a screened Cory Schneider. Garrison was originally credited with the goal, but it was subsequently changed to Santorelli, who was jostling in front of the netminder with New Jerseys Marek Zidlicky. "I saw Garrison block the middle. I looked one way and next thing I know it is in the net. There was some traffic and I just didnt look hard enough to find it," Schneider said of the game-winning tally. Schneider, of course, was acquired by the Devils from Vancouver in a draft-day deal earlier this year and he stopped 29 shots in a losing effort against his former club. Jaromir Jagr and Patrik Elias each posted a goal and an assist for the Devils. Nike Air Max Motion . -- Charlie Graham stopped 67 shots as the Belleville Bulls edged the visiting Guelph Storm 6-5 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Mens Nike Air Max 90 Flyknit Shoes Fluorescent Green/Black . Carey Price didnt, but he still came out on top against one of his rivals for the No. 1 job at the Sochi Games. The Anahim Lake, B.C., native was stellar in making 39 saves in his home province and Lars Eller got credit for a bizarre short-handed winner as the Canadiens defeated the Canucks 4-1. http:///...-007-mens-shoes.html . They hope to persuade the other team owners and commissioner Roger Goodell to put pressure on Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to drop the nickname they find offensive. "Given the way the meeting transpired," Ray Halbritter, an Oneida representative and leader of the "Change the Mascot Campaign," said Wednesday, "it became somewhat evident they were defending the continued use of the name. GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Two nights after losing to the Eastern Conferences worst team, the Phoenix Coyotes handled the best. Zbynek Michalek scored against his former team, his first goal in 83 games, and the Coyotes became the first Pacific Division team to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins in regulation this season with a 3-1 victory on Saturday night. Mike Ribeiro had a goal and an assist for Phoenix. Radim Vrbata scored the third goal for the Coyotes, who were coming off perhaps their worst loss of the season, 3-2 at home to the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday night. "I think we had something to prove," Michalek said. "We believed in this room that when we play the right way, we can play against any team. I think tonight was a great effort by everybody." Evgeni Malkin scored for the Penguins, who entered 8-0-1 against Pacific Division foes. Michaleks previous goal was scored on March 5, 2012, for Pittsburgh against Phoenix. "Its been almost two years," he said. "Hopefully I dont have to wait that long for the next one." Michalek acknowledged that he had extra motivation for this one. "For sure," he said. "This one feels good, and for me even sweeter. Anytime you play against your former team, you want to show up, you want to win." The Penguins, who had won three straight over the Coyotes, made their first appearance in Arizona in 3 1-2 years. Mike Smith, back in goal after Phoenix had gone with Thomas Greiss the previous two games, made 23 saves. Pittsburghs Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 27 shots. With just 24 shots, the Penguins offence was off its usual form. "Tonight was a tough-fought game. There wasnt a lot out there," Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma said. "Thats the kind of games we expect. We have to be able to play a patient game, not be taking chances with the way we play or the way we play with the puck." Playing in front 17,362, the Coyotes second-largest home crowd this season, Pittsburgh fell behind 2-0. The Penguins made it a one-goal game before Vrrbatas shot on a 2-on-1 rush slipped through Fleury to make it 3-1 with 15:47 to play. KPU Womens Nike Air Max 2016 Leather Black/White/Pink Shoes. The Penguins fell to 2-10 in games in which NHL scoring leader Sidney Crosby fails to get a point. "They play good team defence as a group," Crosby said. "I think we didnt make it tough enough on them. We didnt hold the puck in their zone. Theyre pretty good at blocking shots and getting their stick on pucks. "You have to give them credit, but I dont think we did a good enough job of creating, either. I think we could have done more there." Coyotes coach Dave Tippett credited the defence of Oliver Ekman-Larsson against the Crosby line. "Ollie was all-world there," Tippett said. "Thats an unbelievable game by him." Ekman-Larsson called it "a good challenge for me and Z (Michalek)." "I think we did a pretty good job all night," he said. "So it was fun." Ribeiro put Phoenix ahead 1-0 with his 14th goal of the season and 200th of his career. His wrist shot from the left circle got past Fleurys left side and rattled in with 7:18 to play in the opening period. David Schlemnko and Antoine Vermette had assists. Vermette extended his career-high point streak to seven games. Ribeiros goal came just after Pittsburgh killed a penalty. After Pittsburghs prolific power play failed to score, Phoenix made it 2-0 on Michaleks slap shot past Fleury with 9:50 left in the second. Ekman-Larsson and Ribeiro got the assists. The Penguins made it one-goal game when Malkin scored his 16th of the season, from the right side of the net off a pass from James Neal. Jussi Jokinen also got an assist on the goal. NOTES: Pittsburgh is 11-4-1 against the Western Conference. ... The Penguins are 10-13-1 when their opponent scores first. ... Pittsburghs Olli Maatta left the ice after taking a puck to the face in the third period. ... The only other Pacific Division team to beat Pittsburgh was Edmonton 4-3 in OT on Jan. 10. ... The Penguins last played in Arizona in November 2010. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '