the Aussie champ in 2009 and r | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Deleted user Jun 30 '16, 02:53AM
CALGARY -- While the Winnipeg Jets have reversed their fortunes under new coach Paul Maurice, it was same old, same old Thursday night for the Calgary Flames. http://www.nygiantsfanatic.com/c-8-giants-mark-bavaro-jersey.aspx . Olli Jokinen, Mark Scheifele, and Bryan Little each had a goal and an assist as Winnipeg won 5-2, handing Calgary its record-setting seventh consecutive loss on home ice. "Its pretty tough to generate energy when you give up the first two goals," said Flames coach Bob Hartley. "Bad coverage right in front of our net. In the NHL, you let guys get great shots from 10, 15 feet away, youre looking for trouble." Considering the Flames had scored only two goals over their previous six home games, that early 2-0 deficit courtesy of Little at 5:01 and Dustin Byfuglien three minutes later seemed to take the life right out of the building, except for the pockets of vocal Jets supporters. "Its frustrating for our fans, for sure," admitted Flames centre Matt Stajan, who has gone 16 games without a goal and has no points in his last 12. "Every year, we take pride in wearing this jersey, especially on home ice. Weve always had success in this building. In this recent stretch, it hasnt been very pretty. " The Flames have been outscored 22-4 during the losing streak at the Scotiabank Saddledome, which broke the previous mark of six straight losses set in December 1998. "We cant wait for it to turn around. The game doesnt work that way. Its not just all of a sudden, youre going to start winning. Youve gotta make it happen," Stajan said. Home or away, goal scoring has been a real trouble spot of late. Calgary has mustered only 12 goals in its last 11 games. They have lost nine of those games to sit 28th in the NHL, three points up on Edmonton. The last place Buffalo Sabres have climbed within six of the Flames. "I felt tonight, not to make up any excuses, but we had zero legs." Hartley said. "In the third period, we saw a little life but in the first two periods, skating was painful. We were trying but I dont know if it was the trip, and I even hate to mention this, but we had zero intensity, we couldnt move." Travelling a long distrance for a short two-game road trip, Calgary played back-to-back on Monday and Tuesday, winning in Carolina and losing in Nashville. Jacob Trouba also scored for Winnipeg (21-23-5), which opened up a 4-0 lead after 40 minutes and cruised to its second consecutive win under Maurice. "We just have to keep focusing on what were doing and getting better every game and having a short memory is going to be good for us," said Trouba. "Forget about the game we just played and treat every game as a new one and be ready to play." Maurice was hired Sunday, the same day that former Jets coach Claude Noel was fired. Winnipeg won 5-1 over Phoenix in Maurices debut on Monday. "Hes been really good for us," said Scheifele. "Hes really instilled a mindset that were playing for each guy in the locker room, youre playing for the guy beside you. I think thats the big thing, weve really been doing that the last two games." The Jets will try to make it three wins in a row Saturday night when they play host to the Edmonton Oilers. "I thought we were pretty good," Maurice said. "Calgary wasnt sitting back and feeling sorry for themselves. They compete, they work and to our credit, we respected that coming into this game. We came to work because we knew they would." Mark Giordano and Lance Bouma scored for Calgary (16-26-6), which hits the road for games in Vancouver and San Jose next. "It seems like were lacking confidence offensively right now but you try not to think about too much," said Flames winger Paul Byron. "It seems like when we get a goal early in a game, we have a completely different hockey team so we know thats a recipe for success so hopefully we can get back to doing that." Exposed on Byfugliens first-period goal, leaving him uncovered in the slot, Calgarys defensive coverage was also poor on both second period goals. Schieffle was left all alone at the side of the net for an easy tap-in at 9:09, set up neatly by Blake Wheeler. At 17:31 on the power play, nice puck movement resulted in Jokinen having an empty net to fire his 13th of the season into. Making his fourth start in a row, Pavelec finished with 20 saves to improve to 13-19-4. Berra had 18 stops. The 27-year-old first year goaltender from Switzerland falls to 5-14-2. Notes: Prior to the game, the Jets placed Evander Kane (hand) on injured reserve and recalled Carl Klingberg from St. Johns (AHL). Klingberg has played seven career NHL games but has yet to make an appearance with the Jets this year.... Calgary LW Mike Cammalleri (concussion) missed his third game... The Flames next home game is against Phoenix next Wednesday... Flames LW TJ Galiardi has no goals in his last 32 games... The next game for both Flames LW Jiri Hudler as well as Byfuglien will be their 500th career NHL game. http://www.nygiantsfanatic.com/c-12-giants-victor-cruz-jersey.aspx . Radwanska, making her debut in the Seoul tournament, hit eight aces in a match that lasted 1 hour, 4 minutes at Olympic Park tennis stadium. "It was definitely a very good match -- I was playing really good tennis," Radwanska said. http:///...herzlich-jersey.aspx . -- Jimmie Johnson held off a teammate, passed a pair of Hall of Famers, and dominated once more at Dover. http:///...williams-jersey.aspx . -- Gus Malzahn finally had his day in Fayetteville.Melbourne, Australia- Stan Wawrinka put an end to Novak Djokovics three-year reign at the Australian Open on Tuesday. There will be no Down Under four-peat for Djokovic, as the eighth-seeded Swiss slugger Wawrinka outlasted the second seed 2-6, 6-4, 6-2, 3-6, 9-7 at Melbourne Parks Rod Laver Arena in yet another five-set thriller in their burgeoning rivalry. The intense affair was tied at 5-5 in the fifth set when a rain shower started to fall, forcing a brief stoppage. When the players returned to the court, with Wawrinka serving at 40-15 in the 11th game of the stanza, the sturdy Swiss swatted his 17th ace to grab a 6-5 edge. Five games later, the former world No. 1 Djokovic was serving to stay in the match, but his Swiss counterpart recorded the biggest break of the fortnight on the mens side when Djokovic misfired wide with one final forehand, sending Wawrinka into his first-ever Aussie Open semi and second career major final four. He also appeared in last years U.S. Open semis, only to lose to Djokovic. Tuesdays big-hitting bout was completed in four hours, including a 79-minute, 16-game final set. Wawrinka broke Djokovic five times, while the Serb settled for four breaks in the tough setback. Djokovic actually won eight more points than Wawrinka (161-153), but one more break of serve was the difference on Day 9. "I tried everything. Hes an amazing champion. He never gives up. Im really, really, really, really, really, really happy," Wawrinka said. The 28-year-old Wawrinka had dropped his last 14 matches against the 26-year- old Djokovic, who is now 15-3 lifetime against the Swiss. Wawrinka hadnt beaten him since 2006. Djokovic outlasted Wawrinka in a five-set epic in the fourth round in Melbourne a year ago and also topped the Swiss in a brilliant five-set U. http:///...schwartz-jersey.aspx. S. Open semi in September. "He deserved this win today. I congratulate him," Djokovic said. "There is nothing I can say. I gave it my best. I gave it all. I tried to fight until the last point, as I did in a very similar match we did last year in the fourth round, same court, but it wasnt to be this time." The six-time Grand Slam champion Djokovic had won his last 25 matches at the Aussie Open, where hed captured three straight and four of the last six championships. The super Serb had also appeared in 14 straight major semifinals before this week, the second-longest streak in history behind only Roger Federer record mark of 23. Djokovics loss on Tuesday marked his first since falling to Rafael Nadal in Septembers U.S. Open final (28-1). He had also won his last 13 matches overall against fellow top-10 players. Djokovic was trying to become the first man in the Open Era to win four straight Aussie crowns. Wawrinka, who had been 2-28 against top-two players, including 0-6 at Grand Slam events, joins Federer as the only Swiss men to reach multiple Grand Slam semifinals. His semifinal opponent on Thursday will be seventh-seeded former Wimbledon runner-up Tomas Berdych, who upset third seed David Ferrer 6-1, 6-4, 2-6, 6-4 on Tuesday. The 28-year-old Berdych, like Wawrinka, will now appear in his first-ever Aussie semi. The "Big Four" of Nadal, Djokovic, Murray and Federer have combined to win 34 of the last 35 Grand Slam events. The 13-time major champion Nadal was the Aussie champ in 2009 and runner-up to Djokovic in 2012; Murray is a three-time runner-up, including last year against Djokovic; and the 17-time Grand Slam king Federer owns four Aussie titles and was the 2009 runner-up here to Nadal. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '