POOLE STARTING TO FEEL AT HOME WITH UNITED | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Deleted user Apr 9 '17, 08:40PM
"Justin Edinburgh [the former Tottenham defender] was the manager and I still speak Bob Feller Womens Jersey him now. He's a really nice guy and it was a massive decision to throw me in at Shrewsbury. We drew 0-0 so it was a good clean sheet for me. I loved every minute of it - the crowd was always unbelievable and to be part of a promotion push at 16 was great." Somebody making a breakthrough at such a young age is always likely to attract attention and United were among a number of clubs to register an interest in Poole. "I came on trial for a week with the Under-21s and, after going back to Newport, I also had trials with Liverpool and Fulham," he recalled. "It was coming to the end of the transfer window and, although I could have stayed there, I felt it was time to move. "For me to come to United was massive and I grabbed the opportunity with both hands. I was a bit scared when I first joined http://www.authenticnikeredskinshop.com/art-monk-jersey-for-sale-c-11.html I'd always lived at home - when I played for Newport I travelled for half an hour in the car. The day before the deadline, finding out I was moving to Manchester on my own was a bit daunting but I couldn't let the opportunity slide so I cam here to sign the papers and it was crazy." "It was a frustrating time really but I didn't think I'd be training with the Under-21s when I first joined, never mind the first team," he said. "I thought I'd be going with the Under-18s because I was eligible for them so it was a bonus. It was six months when I was expecting two months at the most and then three more and, when I got to three months, I felt ready. I ended up having to wait another three months and it did seem to go on and on. "But I actually didn't miss that many games, which was a good thing, and I'd been training with the first team. It was hard, though, as I was not expecting to be sidelined for six months but it helped me settle in a way. I was able to meet people and it gave me time to find my feet. They're a great bunch of lads and even with the first team, I was surprised http://www.officialindianstore.com/Carlos_Santana_Jersey how normal people like Bastian Schweinsteiger and Wayne Rooney were. They speak to you as if you're their friend and it's clear it's a great family club. I'd settled in okay three months down the line so the last bit was the hardest." When the red tape was unravelled, his debut for the club came in a behind-closed-doors Under-21 fixture against Everton as a substitute but he was able to show what he was made of in a derby against Manchester City. "My best performance was in the City game," he said. "Because I'd missed so much of the season to be thrown in Charles Mann Authentic Jersey a central midfielder was obviously a big shock but it suited me down to the ground. I made a block in the last minute that helped save the three points for us." By helping the Under-21s win the title, it was a successful end to the campaign for Poole but the Welshman's highlight must have been the cameo first-team appearance against Midtjylland in the Europa League, running out in front of the Old Trafford crowd in the famous red shirt. "It was an incredible experience," he noted. "I was on the bench before then in the away match against Midtjylland and then at Shrewsbury in the FA Cup. It would have been nice to make my debut against Shrewsbury again! For me to make my debut for Manchester United, though, is just incredible. It's not a bad achievement at 17!"