r a while. Really the whole season weve lost players and teams have really counted us o | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Deleted user Jul 1 '16, 12:40AM
ANNECY, France -- Nathan Smith was the latest Canadian biathlete to secure a spot at the 2014 Olympic Winter Games on Saturday after a 16th-place finish at a World Cup event. Dan Fouts Youth Jersey . The 28-year-old from Calgary matched his career best after missing just one shot in his two rounds of shooting in the mens 10-kilometre sprint competition. Smith finished in 23 minutes 15.1 seconds. "This is a huge relief as this result was pretty last minute," said Smith, who need a top-30 result on Saturday to avoid the domestic trial races in Canmore, Alta., next week. "Today was the best ski time Ive had yet at World Cup level, and a solid nine out of 10 in shooting. "Unfortunately my shooting speed was a lot slower than normal. I really had to slow things down and fight for every shot. Thankfully my skiing made up for this so in the end it was still an excellent result that Im very happy about." It was the second 16th place result for Smith this year. Junior world champion Johannes Thingnes Boe of Norway earned his first career win in the event. The 20-year-old Boe shot clean to finish in 22:06.7 seconds, putting him 32.9 ahead of Ondrej Moravec of Czech Republic, who also shot clean. Frenchman Martin Fourcade had one penalty and finished 37.1 back in third place. Reginas Scott Perass was solid in 31st spot at 23:34.7 (0+1), while Jean-Philippe Le Guellec of Shannon, Que., placed 49th (0+2) with a time of 24:09.8. In womens competition, Rosanna Crawford, of Canmore was the top Canadian finishing 26th (21:52.5) (1+0) in the womens 7.5-kilometre sprint event. Switzerlands Selina Gasparin shot clean to win the womens gold with a time of 20:51.5. Finlands Kaisa Makarainen won the silver medal at 2:59.7 despite missing one shot. Ukraines Valj Semerenko also missed one shot but hung on for the bronze medal with a time of 21:02.9. Megan Imrie of Falcon Lake, Man., place 40th at 22:17.8 (1+1), while Zina Kocher, of Red Deer, Alta., tied for 45th with a time of 22:26.4 (1+2), and Megan Heinicke, of Prince George, B.C., settled for 50th at 22:32.6 (1+2). Craig Mager Elite Jersey . The quest begins with what is supposed to be an easy one, although Germany has traditionally been a stubborn opponent to Canadian teams at international tournaments. Craig Mager White Jersey . Andrew Luck lost his favourite target and the Indianapolis locker room lost one of its most revered leaders when Reggie Wayne was diagnosed Monday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will cost him the rest of the season. http:///...Gordon-Elite-Jersey/ . Deulofeu injured a muscle in his right leg in Evertons 4-1 win over Fulham in the English Premier League on Saturday. Barcelona says that its team doctors will "co-ordinate" with Evertons medical staff as Deulofeu recovers.With the Tom Brady- Peyton Manning rivalry so well documented, theres no doubt Sundays AFC Championship game comes with added significance to the two first-ballot Hall of Famers. It will be their 15th head-to-head meeting and fourth in the post-season (Sunday at 2pm et/11am pt on CTV) and for his part, Brady isnt downplaying just how big the game is for him. "Im excited - Its everything you could ask for as an athlete," the New England Patriots quarterback told WEEI Radio in Boston on Monday. "We have a great opportunity ahead of us. It would be as satisfying a victory as weve ever had to go to Denver and win this game." With a trip to the Super Bowl on the line, theres no shortage of motivation for Sundays game, but its another chance for the two to stake claim to the title best QB of their generation. Brady owns the series edge over Manning 10-4 and is 2-1 head-to-head in the postseason. Sundays game will tie the two for most postseason meetings with other iconic rivals Brett Favre and Steve Young, and Terry Bradshaw and Ken Stabler. Brady knows as well as anyone about the challenge Manning and the Broncos offence presents. "Hes got great command of the offence," he said. "He can pretty much do whatever he wants. He obviously has a lot of confidence in what hes doing and he has confidence in the guys around him. "Once he sees the coverage, he tries to get the plays that can beat the coverage. It really forces the defense to playy very solid, to cover everything. LaDainian Tomlinson Black Jersey. Because if you dont then he does a great job finding the holes." While the Broncos finished the regular season atop the AFC standings and will enjoy home field advantage on Sunday, the Patriots came out ahead in their only meeting this season, a 34-31 overtime win in late November. Still, Brady says that means little come game time. "Theres nothing thats happened in the past thats going to help us try to win this game on Sunday," he said. "Well be able to take some things from the game we played and study them and prepare for them. But well have different things to do, theyll have different things to do. Their team is different than from when they played us, and were pretty different from when we played them." Denver opens the week as 4 1/2 point favourites, but Brady puts little stock in what the experts think ahead of the game. "Truthfully, I dont turn the TV on, I dont read anything," he said. I just try to focus on what I need to do. "Im sure no ones going to pick us to win this week. Weve had our backs against the wall for a while. Really the whole season weve lost players and teams have really counted us out. "Weve got a bunch of underdogs on our team, and well be an underdog again. Well see how that shapes up here at the end of the week. But I know that were as tough and physical as weve ever been, and thats the way were going to need to go out and play this game." Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '